St. Paul's Preschool Job Openings for 2017-2018
Part-Time Preschool Teacher
Responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to, the following:
• Assisting in planning and implementing a developmentally appropriate educational curriculum for preschool children
• Assist in planning activities in accordance with the philosophy and mission of the school.
• Help to provide a variety of daily activities that meet the individual needs of children, paying close attention to their interest, challenges and special talents
• Be an active participant in all activities, such as outdoor play, daily lessons, special events, etc....
• Be familiar and assist in preparing weekly written lesson plans. Planning must be in sufficient detail to be easily followed by a substitute in the employee's absence. Lesson plans must include all areas of development (physical, social/emotional, cognitive)
• Complete and maintain all other required documentation and records. (Ex: attendance, incidents, charts, safety checklists, classroom notes, children's files, etc...)
• Assist in assessments, evaluations, and document individual children's development and progress.
• Actively participate in staff meeting, parent meetings, in service trainings, program meetings, and team meetings.
• Develop and maintain positive relationships with the school staff and church staff.
• Coordinate and positively communicate with co-workers to assure the program is continued appropriately the entire day.
• Communicate in a positive and friendly manner to children, parents, and visitors. This includes conducting parent/teacher conferences as required, greeting people when they enter the classroom and acknowledging parents when they pick up their children at the end of the day.
• Be punctual and dependable. Be flexible to meet the needs of the program, which may include working in other classroom.
• Successful completion of TECE 1 and 2 or Associates Degree or higher.
• 2 year experience working with children preschool age or younger in a group setting.
• Current certification in Cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) & First Aid applicable to children and adults.
Knowledge and Skills:
• Excellent oral & written communication skills
• Ability to prepare and maintain written records
• Good time management skills
• Knowledge of child development
• Ability to use sound judgment and remain calm when confronted with emergency situations.
send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org